Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Yosemite

Just a little note to tell you that I won't be posting for a couple of weeks, and the reasons why. Firstly, as I noted in the post below, due to rain on Saturday, I didn't get any climbing in at Cathedral. Also, I had friends visiting from Australia (one of my two original climbing partners) from Sunday to this morning, so we did the "Boston" thing both days (actually, it was a relief. I got a lot of walking in, and had a great time with old friends).

Secondly, well, if you haven't guessed, I'm off to Yosemite next week! I'm flying out with "Ratherbe" and meeting "OrangeKayak" and maybe "Elron", too. There's another person we may be meeting, and I will initially dub him "Colby" until a story about him emerges such that a new nickname is warranted (you must wonder how I remember so many nicknames. I don't know how I do it, either. I just do).

Anyway, it's a week-long (encompassing two weekends) trip and I won't be bringing my computer along. But I will have my notebook and I will be taking notes. Just like my Red Rocks trip last year, I hope to have a different post for each day in Yosemite. However, because it takes a lot of time and effort to actually write a post, I imagine that the Yosemite posts will be spread out over a few weeks (probably mixed with other climbing weekends, too, as I'll try to keep up with every other trip that I take, even the small weekend ones). Still, I have some time over the 4th when I'll be visiting home. I should be able to get them all written by the end of that week (yes, that is my goal). So stay tuned (maybe "Jello" will have a post of his own to fill the gap - HINT HINT)!

No comments: