Sunday, April 08, 2007

No Climbing This Weekend - But This Week in Santa Fe? Maybe

I didn't get outside this weekend, though I probably could have. The temps hovered in the low 40s yesterday (Saturday) and that seemed a bit cold. Still, the temps were only in the high 40s at QQ last weekend and it felt like the mid-50s in the bowl. I bet QQ would have been fine.

Instead, I ended up going to the gym to set a route. It was hard work, and it took me nearly six hours to set it and get people to run it. I was shooting for 5.8, but it ended up being 5.8 to 5.9+ progressive. I just didn't have the time or energy to finish the top. I think it's a nice route, but hard.

I think I'm going to the gym on Monday instead of the middle of the week, when I usually go. That's because I'm off to a conference in Santa Fe on Tuesday for three days. I think I'm going to bring my shoes to go bouldering, if time permits. There won't be any pictures (kind of hard to take pictures of myself), but I'll bring my camera anyway, just in case. It looks like there is an area called Whiterock just outside of Santa Fe. I may give that a go. I'll keep you posted.

Check back next week for another update. I hope to get outside next weekend too. Not sure where, but I bet I have a story to tell. Until then...

No comments: